Terms and Conditions
- Step 1 Register for your voucher. You will need to provide your name, address, email address and phone number and confirm that you are 18 years old or over. If you are registering as a Couple or Family, you will also need to provide the name of the other adult travelling with you. See the FAQs for more details.
- Step 2 You will receive confirmation at the submit screen that you are successful or otherwise in registering for a voucher.
- Step 3 If successful, within 24 hours you will receive an email notification that includes your unique voucher number, this will include a link that allows you to redeem your voucher once you have paid and completed your travel activity.
- Step 3 Make Yourself At Home! (That means, book, pay for, and do your chosen Eligible Activities. See the Rules for details.)
- Step 4 Get your Receipt or other Proof of Purchase. See the Rules for details.
- Step 5 Redeem your voucher. Access the link provided in your confirmation email notification. You need to redeem the total value of your voucher at the one time. When you are redeeming you will be prompted to provide evidence of your identity and bank account details. You will also need to upload your Proof of Purchase. You will need to complete your full voucher redemption within 30 days of completing your first Eligible Activity.
If you’re keen to get out and about again, you can start again at Step 1 (as long as vouchers are still available for allocation and you can complete your chosen Eligible Activities in the required time).
- You must reside in Tasmania.
- You must be over 18 years old at the time you register.
- ‘Voucher’ means the category of registration that determines the maximum value you can redeem: Single, Couple, 1-Adult Family, or 2-Adult Family.
- ‘Single’ means one adult 18 years of age or older, and can be redeemed for a maximum of $150:
- 1 x $100 for Accommodation;
- 1 x $50 for Experiences.
- ‘Couple’ means two adults 18 years of age or older, and can be redeemed for a maximum of $300:
- 2 x $100 for Accommodation for use on different nights;
- 2 x $50 for Experiences.
- 1-Adult Family means one adult 18 years of age or older and up to three children under 18 years of age, and can be redeemed for a maximum of $350:
- 1 x $150 for Accommodation;
- 1 x $50 for Experiences;
- 1 x $50 per child to a maximum of three children for Experiences.
- 2-Adult Family two adults 18 years of age or older and up to three children under 18 years of age, and can be redeemed for a maximum of $550:
- 2 x $150 accommodation voucher for use on different nights;
- 2 x $50 for Experiences;
- 1 x $50 per child to a maximum of three children for Experiences
- Registration for a voucher is subject to availability and eligibility.
- You cannot register for another voucher until you have redeemed the full value of any existing voucher.
- You cannot make a claim without a valid voucher.
- You must register for your voucher between 7 September and 31 October 2020. Registrations submitted outside this period will not be processed.
- You must pay for and complete your chosen Eligible Activities between 1 September and 30 November 2020. Eligible Activities paid for or undertaken outside this period will be deemed ineligible.
- You must redeem your voucher within 30 days of completing your first Eligible Activity. Redemption claims made outside this period will not be processed.
- The cost of your Eligible Activities must be equal to or greater than the value of your voucher.
- ‘Eligible Activities’ must be taken in the months of September, October and November and are:
- Accommodation on a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday night; and
- An Experience on any day of the week including weekends.
- ‘Accommodation’ means an overnight stay at an establishment offering short term stays. Property styles can range from apartments, backpacker and hostels, bed and breakfasts, motorhome hire, cabins or caravans in holiday parks including site fees, cottages, farm stays, holiday houses, motels, hotels, resorts, retreats and lodges.
- ‘Experience’ means either a ‘Tour’ or an ‘Attraction’.
- ‘Tour’ means a regularly organised tour with a leisure-tourism focus, organised by experienced guides. These may include a personal host and/or commentary. For example: boat cruise; guided walk; bus tour; air tour; agri-tour; food and wine tour; outdoor adventure tour.
- ‘Attraction’ means a place or area of interest charging an entry fee and offering a distinct visitor experience to the leisure tourist. For example: air walk; zoo; golf tourism.
- Ineligible activities include:
- Parks and Wildlife park passes and entry fees
- Parks and Wildlife campground fees
– Food and drink that is not part of a recognised tour or agri-tourism experience
– Purchase of retail goods including souvenirs, gifts or items of a personal nature
– Sport participation fees
– General services
– Hire of vehicles or equipment that are not part of a recognised tourism experience
– Information services
– Transport services that are not part of a recognised tour experience
‘Proof of purchase’ means a document issued by the Eligible Activity provider and can include a Tax Invoice; Invoice; Receipt and can be printed or hand written so long as it includes the following information.
- Business Name
- Amount paid
- A description of what was purchased (itemised if more than one item)
- A receipt; invoice or reference number
- Words that confirm status of payment, e.g.‘paid in full’
- Date of transaction
- Date of stay, e.g. check in and check out date of accommodation
*some accommodation types may not provide ABN information, if you are unsure about the eligibility of your travel activity contact the Hotline on 1800 344 077